Mission, Vision & Values
Healthy Chesapeake is committed to building a culture of wellness that supports, sustains and advocates for a healthier Chesapeake.
Chesapeake will be the healthiest community in Virginia.
Healthy Chesapeake and partners are working together to build a culture of health that provides everyone in Chesapeake a fair and just opportunity for health. We are the THREADS that help weave people/partners and our collective work together to achieve our common goal.
THREADS – Teamwork, Health, Respect, Equity, Adaptability, Dignity, Service
- Teamwork is partnering and working with other people and organizations to achieve a shared mission or goal, and to amplify and augment each other’s reach.
- Health is the multifactorial state of physical, mental, social, spiritual, and economic well-being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity.
- Respect is the regard for the feelings, wishes, rights and traditions of others.
- Equity is the state, quality, or ideal of being just, impartial and fair – freedom from bias and favoritism. Equity is a process and an outcome.
- Adaptability is the ability to live in the present, an openness and willingness to learn new things, to take on new challenges, and make adjustments to suit changing conditions and/or the demands of the moment.
- Dignity is the baseline for all of our interactions and values. It respects and acknowledges each person’s right to care and attention, and to be treated ethically.
- Service is the action of helping, doing work and contributing to the welfare of others. Service is kindness in action.
- Facilitate collaborations between citizens, government, businesses, and other agencies
- Provide awareness of services, programs, and other activities supporting a healthy Chesapeake
- Support ideas, actions, and solutions to health and quality of life issues
- Document and disseminate best practices for local consideration
- Analyze effectiveness and report outcomes of projects, initiatives, and efforts, etc.
Be a part of the Healthy Chesapeake movement and support one of our programs today.